Manufacturing Inventory Management System(MIMS)
NextMIMS – Manufacturing Inventory Management System(MIMS)
MIMS comprises of host of Integrated functionality including, Manufacturing, Inventory & Material Management, Customer Management with Purchase Order, Supplier and Purchase Management. The depth of functionality means that the solution can be readily adapted to support a wide range of operational execution styles. MIMS is designed with operational efficiency in mind.
Inventory Management is one of the basic problems for a company. It may cause a lot of paperwork, if there is no automated system available. Implementing such a system is possible but there are a lot of preliminary works such as determination of the requirements, system structure decision—software requirements and determination of the software tools.
The MIMS uses a web-based interface to display inventory data to the stock manager client. The product will use of open-source software primarily due to cost of implementation.
The first feature of the Stock Manager Client web interface component allows the Stock Manager Client to view the current stock of products, along with the capabilities of searching and sorting the products.
Since a web interface will be used, a network that supports the HTTP/HTTPS protocol must exist, whether it is a private network for an isolated customer deployment or an Internet connection for a multi-site customer deployment. The bandwidth of the network depends on the frequency of transactions.
- Choose whether you hold manufactured goods or not (at product level)
- Manage inventory at a manufacturing/assembly business
- Manage Customer Purchase Order(PO)
- Manage Supplier Purchase Order
- Manage Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Automate inventory calculations of raw materials based on products
- Know current inventory levels of each product and raw material
- Identify the products and raw materials to be re-ordered
- Print automatically created invoices
- Easily understand the sales and purchase patterns
- Know how the different product categories contribute to sales
- Easily retrieve and view your order details
Reporting and Analysis:
- Open Purchase Order Summary By PO Number, Buyer, or Vendor
- Open Purchase Order Detail By PO Number, Buyer, or Vendor
- Purchasing log
- Price Change Report (PO vs. Vendor Invoice)
- Expected Receipts Report
- Direct/Drop Ship Status Report
- Purchase Replenishment Advice
- Pending Purchase Orders
- Stock Received vs Invoice
- Stock Received Not Invoiced
- Order Acknowledgements, Production and Invoices
- Invoice List
- Open order reports by order number, salesperson, customer, and item
- Daily Sales Register
- Sales History reports by product, customer, and salesperson
- Price Variance Report
- Requisitions Created From Order Entry
- Order Forecasting report
- Order Status Report
- Complete visibility into the Production system
- Streamlines entire production management processes
- Greatly reduces chances defects and scrap thereby improving product quality
- Reduces bulky raw materials inventory
- Reduced manufacturing costs and cycle time
- Automation process reduces paperwork and data entry thereby eliminating chances of errors in cost calculation
- Eliminate duplicate work, repeated data entry and automates all process
- Web-based ERP software can provide flexibility and convenience in implementation and operation
- Option to track the labour and other expenses incurred during the production
- Creation of dates for production with batch production and Expiry date
- During Production process – batch, production quantity, Raw Material Store and Finished product store can be defined
- Automatic calculation of raw material cost by system based on Bill of Material.
Production Control-Reporting and Analysis:
- Material Requisition– Generate Raw Material requisition depends on Customer Purchase Order.
Create Manual Raw Material requisition manually without any Purchase Order.
- Manage Daily Production information for respective Purchase Order.
- Advanced Production – Predict the cost of every job and track performance as manufacturing orders for standard assemblies or special one-off items move through the shop.
- Material Requirements Planning – Determine purchasing and production needs by analyzing current inventory, open orders and sales orders to spot impending shortages and respond by creating purchase and production orders.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Raw Material requisition Report
- Raw Material Issue Report
- Daily Production Report
- Work In Progress (WIP) Report
- Modular Integration – Direct integration with Purchasing, Production Work Orders
- Item Code Unit Of Measure – can have multiple units of measure per item
- Item Classification – assign an item class code to each item for reporting purposes or to group for special pricing discounts
- Ability to Rename, and Merge Inventory Items
- Incremental Units – for items that you must sell or purchase in increments of 2 or more, set the incremental quantity so that purchases orders and customer orders must have quantities in these increments
- Serial and Lot Number Tracking
- Traceability and Recall Management
- Quality Management
- Cost Method – cost method can be set to average
- Transaction History – ability to see per item the sales and purchasing history online for each month with drilldown to document detail
- Item Status – ability to drill down from the quantity on hand to see:
- Quantity allocated to customer orders with order detail
- Quantity on order with order detail
- Outstanding purchase orders and the estimated receipt date with PO detail
- Multiple warehouses – a separate inventory for each item can be maintained at any number of geographical locations
- Product/Raw Material List Category: This allows you to categorize products. If you have numerous products, categorizing similar products together can help in understanding product performance.
- Re-order point- Quantity that you set for each product, where when the current inventory level hits that amount, you will place a new purchase order to replenish inventory.
- Physical Count – inventory can be easily counted and adjusted. Count sheets are printed, variances, are entered, a variance report lists quantity and valuation differences, and the post program updates the quantity on hand and General Ledger
- Starting Inventory: Quantity of Product that you have as finished goods when you begin using this template. Enter only once.
Reporting and Analysis
- Product Availability
- Raw Material Availability
- Stock List Report
- Stock Status Report
- Physical Inventory Reports ( count sheets and variance report)
- Price/Cost List
- Reorder Advice
- Purchase/Sales History
- Cost Valuation
- Inventory Turns Report
- Inventory Status
- Lot Expiration Report
- Vendor Lead Time Report
- Item Movement Audit Report
- Item Lead Time Analysis
- Serial/Lot Composition Inquiry